Saturday, February 8, 2014

When the cats away, the mice will play

What I have the joy of blogging to right now, my precious pup laying in my lap snoring. Nothing could make me happier. I love her to pieces!

Yesterday flew by, I don't know how it went by so fast. One minute i'm up and making coffee next thing I know its time for work!

Travis had a very big day yesterday, he owns his own company. It is a insurance restoration company. They do roofing, siding, gutters but they can do interior work as well. He is working on growing his company into general construction. 
Anyways, Travis had a meeting in Atlanta to sign a contract on doing a very big project. This house is very excited and proud of him being able to do this job. 

This is Travis dressed up all nice in his office preparing to leave for his meeting. We were gleaming :)


So, I've written about how I am a relationship widow... Travis took his little brother and sister hunting this weekend for a youth duck hunt.This is the first time he has left my side since we moved in our new home. I'm hoping I can get all of our projects done before he returns to surprise hime with a complete sitting room. Maybe not complete, but somewhat close to it.

After Travis left for his meeting, I went window shopping. It's relaxing for me to look around at what the stores have to offer and what I could see in my home. (That's all I look for now days, interior decor) Yesterday I decided to leave the money behind and just look. I found a few things that I liked and decided I would go back today and get them that way I could weigh out whether I really wanted it or not. Thankfully I live two minutes from a shopping center that has tjmaxx, belk, target, michaels, petsmart, kirklands, and a home depot! What more could a girl want?!?! (I could go for a tjmaxx home goods, but I won't be greedy)

Today, I went back to those stores and made some purchases.

I got this pretty little chair, soon it will have a twin next to it. That one is being shipped thursday :)

And this awesome rug from overstock!



My room is starting to come together and I cannot wait! More to pictures coming soon:)