Sunday, February 16, 2014

saw dust and love is in the air

Happy late Valentines everyone 



I got this little handy mail holder from TjMaxx and its been sitting around waiting to be hung up, sadly it sat around a lot longer than it should have. 

It wasn't made to hang so I used a pinterest inspired craft to make it hang.
 I got a little screw and screwed it into the mail holder, then I took the opener to a can drink and put it on the back of the screw. Then put your nail in the wall and put the other part of the top on it and you will have something hung.


Our sitting room complete, or atleast for now.





The process of the pie safe

First we took the metal plates knobs off, then we sanded it.

Then we stained it....



 I wasn't impressed with the stain so I figured to add another stain couldn't make it worse and if I didn't like it I would just have to start over.



Surprisingly, the stain looked great after I added another color to it. 
So we glossed it with polyurethane then added the plexy glass and the knobs.


Then I realized the shelf showed in the bottom windows and I did not like it, so I took four nails and raised the shelf to line up.



Much better right?



Our valentines day...

Travis hates the idea of Valentines day, I personally like it. Its a day that I have an excuse to be all ooey gooey emotional.

So, Friday morning I got up to Chic-fil-A breakfast, flowers, and Kit Kats. He started off the day GREAT! Then we headed to Atlanta for a day of adventures. We started of with the infamous Varsity drive-in. I loved it :)

Then we went to the Georgia Aquarium.... It was Travis first time, we had a blast! We talked about a future trip scuba diving there!






Then we went to a local mall in Atlanta, called Phipps Plaza where we enjoyed dinner and a movie. Since every restaurant in the premises was booked with reservations we ate Johnny Rockets. Which I was okay with since I got to have a chocolate milkshake.




Then we finished off the night with the movie Lone Survivor
it is a heart wrenching action war movie. I was happy, nervous, scared, and sad all during the movie. I HIGHLY recommend it. I've never felt so connected to a movie in my life.

(P.S. those are electric leather seats in the theatre, that recline and lift.)












No comments: