Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A little bit about me...

Hello everyone! My name is Kayla, I live in a suburb of Atlanta Georgia. I was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida. I am a FSU fanatic. (excuse my eyes, i'm pretty sure the sun was beaming in them) 

This is my dad, his name is Rusty.

 I have a fur baby named Kaianne, she is a blue nose pitbull. I also have an adopted fur baby named Avery, she is a black lab. I am an agressive breed advocate, animals are reflections of their owners not their breed. Kai is very loving and tender hearted like her mommy, she loves to give kisses and snuggle.


I have found the love of my life and we share a wonderful home with our two K9 children. His name is Travis. All of you will come to see that I am a relationship widow due to his constant travels for work and hunting, however our love constantly grows stronger.


We are Christians, daily servants of our Lord and learning the right way with every step we make.

I absolutely love anything DIY, everything just feels more special when it is something you have made yourself. I will always share the tips and story with my constant crafts.(That way you can try them too!)
****This is an old kitchen cabinet that I turned into a picture frame, I was very impressed with the result!
   -Just the other day this old project turned into a new one when it fell off the wall and shattered the glass inside of it. We, Travis and I went to Home Depot and got plexy glass that he cut and I put in the cabinet. We LOVE teamwork :)****

      -Right now we are making over an old pie safe my mom passed down to me! 




Granted this last stain is NOT what I was going for at all, I figured might as well go with it and see what the result looks like. We plan to add glass and modern knobs to make this piece more appealing. Not sure what i'm going to do about the color though.


We recently moved into our home, which overtime I have realized I have a strong passion for interior decorating. Its all in the details, I think every room has its own story to tell and I love to create it!

My life constantly has a daily adventure, I hope you all love reading and seeing what is going on in our wonderful household!